I truly believe art should be enjoyed by all! My licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing my images with the desire to provide inspiration through my images on the internet.
I allow the use of my images in two ways:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free to:
· Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
Under these conditions:
· Attribution: Attribution to Jason Lewandowski and NinetySeventy Photography must be made along with the image
· Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
· Trip report / blog post in Colorado
· Online article discussing night photography
· A website for a school project about the use of light in art
· An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
· Creating a print for personal use in your home
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by Jason Lewandowski. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
· Media – print, web, television, etc.
· Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
· Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
· Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.